[libvoikko] libvoikko 4.0, voikko-fi 2.0 and libreoffice-voikko 5.0

Harri Pitkänen hatapitk at iki.fi
Sat Jan 9 18:18:47 EET 2016

On Thursday 07 January 2016 22:48:18 Sjur Moshagen wrote:
> 7. jan. 2016 kl. 21:24 skrev Harri Pitkänen <hatapitk at iki.fi>:
> >  NOTE!  As of libvoikko 4.0 NO HARDCODED FALLBACK DICTIONARY PATH
> >  NOTE!  IS USED unless one is specified using --with-dictionary-path.
> >  NOTE!  If you intend to use libvoikko for writing aids in
> >  NOTE!  end user applications we strongly suggest adding the following:
> >  NOTE!  OS X:
> >  --with-dictionary-path=/usr/lib/voikko:/Library/Spelling/voikko NOTE!
> >  Linux: --with-dictionary-path=/usr/lib/voikko
>
> That is good.

These have now been added.

> It would be even better if the command line tools could be
> enhanced with an option to query this value, e.g. something like:
>
> $ voikkospell --dict-path
> /the/path:/that/was/specified
>
> And --verbose + -l would list the dictionary files with their full path:
>
> $ voikkospell -l --verbose
> smn-x-standard (/path/to/dict.file): Giellatekno/Divvun/UiT fst-based
> speller for Inari Sami
>
> or something like that.

Yes, these would be useful. Filed an issue for that:

  https://github.com/voikko/corevoikko/issues/20

> Are you saying that:
>
> ~/.voikko
> ~/Library/Spelling/voikko
> %APPDATA%\voikko
>
> are always searched (on the relevant platforms, of course)? That I didn’t
> know - it helps a lot in supporting multilingual users.

Yes, these are not related to --with-dictionary-path. They are always searched
unless loading of external dictionaries has been completely disabled with --
disable-external-dicts