[libvoikko] HFST support to libvoikko in Debian and Ubuntu?

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 13:11:38 EET 2016

> This is mostly to the people planning to do the packaging work -
> Børre, Tino, ... - also, the libvoikko list can be dropped at some
> point when it soon starts to be very specific to packaging only. I'll
> join the #hfst channel too at least

Ok let's continue on IRC. Things are much further than I thought,
which is great :) Tino is already a package maintainer in Debian and
part of the debian-science team, and somehow I managed to miss the
fact hfst is already in Debian since a few months -
https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/hfst

So this leaves hfstospell and the dictionaries, and Børre can start
learning packaging finalization with those if he wants to contribute
in addition to Tino who has already been doing the packaging for
apertium/hfst/hfstospell.

The packages fit nicely under the Debian Science team.

Thanks everyone!

-Timo