[libvoikko] Voikko and upcoming changes to Firefox extensions

Tino Didriksen mail at tinodidriksen.com
Tue Mar 28 12:35:38 EEST 2017

On 28 March 2017 at 11:23, Sjur Moshagen <sjurnm at mac.com> wrote:

> General comment & question:
>
> All of these languages depend on the hfst-ospell library for run-time use,
> and in general on hfst to be built from source. Have all issues related to
> hfst and libvoikko been resolved now, or are there still open issues?

Almost. Once the hfst-ospell package gets through Debian's queue (
https://ftp-master.debian.org/new/hfst-ospell_0.4.3~r338-1.html ), it
closes https://bugs.debian.org/824119 which blocked libvoikko from wider
Debian/Ubuntu use.

With the hfst-ospell fix, this means the little-endian packaged spellers
are cross-platform cross-arch compatible. We can build them on amd64 and
use them everywhere.

-- Tino Didriksen