[libvoikko] Setting up HFST morphology backend

Sjur Moshagen sjurnm at mac.com
Tue Apr 27 17:41:29 EEST 2010

Den 27. apr. 2010 kl. 10.44 skrev Flammie Pirinen:

> 2010-04-27, Sjur Moshagen sanoi:
>
>> Does that mean that all transducers used by voikko should be
>> weighted? Presently, the make target in omorfi only produces
>> unweighted transducers, at least based on the filename suffixes.
>
> Yes, currently voikko's backend uses weighted transducers IIRC, the
> omorfi also makes weighted ones by default, but the distinction has
> been dropped from file extensions in wait of forthcoming HFST versions,
> since the transducers will now more or less work interchangingly and it
> would've not made sense to encode possible backends used in the
> filename, since amount of backends seems to be growing as well.

Ok.

> Of course in a few days or weeks the HFST backend of voikko should
> switch to optimized format instead, since I already have most parts of
> the code done and it's much nicer than the current hacks.

Ok. I still would like to get things going with the "current hacks", just to be able to start testing with our Sámi morphologies.

Things are working fine with the default malaga backend now, and I think I have done all correctly for the HFST backend. Still - no success:

a83-245-189-120:voikko sjur$ voikkospell -d hfst
E: Initialization of Voikko failed: Requested language is not supported

Any ideas?

Sjur