[libvoikko] VoikkoSpellService (MacOS X) fails to build on OS X 10.6

Harri Pitkänen hatapitk at iki.fi
Tue Apr 27 17:49:40 EEST 2010

On Tuesday 27 April 2010, Sjur Moshagen wrote:
> The errors all seem to be syntax error complains of the following two
>  types:
>
> /usr/local/include/libvoikko/voikko.h:61:0
>  /usr/local/include/libvoikko/voikko.h:61: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’,
>  ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘*’ token
>

> /usr/local/include/libvoikko/voikko.h:67:0
>  /usr/local/include/libvoikko/voikko.h:67: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’
>  token

Thanks for noticing this. The error is reproducable on Linux too when
compiling with GCC in C (as opposed to C++) mode. Since libvoikko and most
real world applications using it are written in C++ it is common that
something not compatible with plain C goes to the header file and nobody
notices.

In this case the problem is that C++ allows struct types to be used without
struct keyword but C (and apparently Objective C) does not. Replacing
"VoikkoHandle" with "struct VoikkoHandle" everywhere in voikko.h should fix
this if you are in a hurry but I'll try to fix this in SVN soon.