[libvoikko] VoikkoSpellService (MacOS X) with alternative backend

Harri Pitkänen hatapitk at iki.fi
Thu Apr 29 18:01:03 EEST 2010

On Thursday 29 April 2010, Sjur Moshagen wrote:
> 	if (voikko_init_with_path(&voikko_handle, "fi_FI", 0, dictpath)) {
> I tried to replace "fi_FI" with "fi-x-hfst" above (and added the lexicon
>  files in what I think is the proper location), but that caused the
>  following error:

voikko_init_with_path is part of the old API and therefore does not take full
language tags. Plain "hfst" should work here.

But there is an easier method available that does not require changing or
recompiling the spell service binary. Just add symbolic link "mor-default"
that points to the morphology that you want to use as the default:

  ln -s ~/.voikko/2/mor-hfst ~/.voikko/2/mor-default