[libvoikko] hfst-ospell API

Sjur Moshagen sjurnm at mac.com
Wed Aug 11 18:41:21 EEST 2010

Here's some basic feedback from testing on the Mac:

Command used:

$ cut -f1 ../../../langtech/main/gt/sme/src/typos.txt | grep -v '^#' | grep -v '^$' | ./hfst-ospell /Users/sjur/hfst-langs/omorfi/src/suggestion/edit-distance-1.hfst  ../../../langtech/main/gt/sme/bin/sme.hfst.ol

Ie, take a list of (North Sámi) typos, use the correction transducer from omorfi, and run using the regular North Sámi optimised hfst analyser.

Result:

The process takes forever, and consumes well over a gigabyte of RAM. In the end (after more than 30 min.) I just killed it.

There are of course multiple error sources here:
- the MacOS
- wrong (format of) input data/transducers
- bugs

but I thought I should report, if for nothing else to correct the command or transducers I'm using.

Best regards,
Sjur N. Moshagen
Samediggi · Sametinget
Project Manager for the Divvun project