[libvoikko] Sámi/HFST

Harri Pitkänen hatapitk at iki.fi
Tue Jun 29 11:42:01 EEST 2010

On Tuesday 29 June 2010, Harri Pitkänen wrote:
> On Tuesday 29 June 2010, Harri Pitkänen wrote:
> > > Or use <http://www.helsinki.fi/~tapirine/tmp/se_FI.sug.hfst>, however
> > > that cannot be easily modified.
> >

> > This does not work either. It now appears that there is a bug in
> > libvoikko,  I'll continue the investigation.
>
> I'm afraid this is an HFST bug after all

Indeed, I now did the following to disable all other HFST backends except the
suggestion backend:

  info: Morphology-Backend: null
  info: Speller-Backend: AllError
  info: Suggestion-Backend: hfst

Now the suggestions are returned correctly:

$ echo ramus | /home/harri/apps/bin/voikkospell -d fi-x-sme -s
W: ramus
S: samus
S: ramas
S: ragus
S: rašus
S: raŋus

It appears that there is something that causes trouble when more than one HFST
backend is used simultaneously.