[libvoikko] [Apertium-stuff] Lttoolbox (Apertium) morphology backend

Harri Pitkänen hatapitk at iki.fi
Mon Mar 1 21:27:04 EET 2010

On Monday 01 March 2010, Francis Tyers wrote:
> I wasn't able to get it up and running in openoffice -- the SDK in
> Debian seems to be non-trivial to set up :(, but could you send another
> screenshot  ?

Here is a new snapshot:

  http://www.puimula.org/htp/tmp/ooo-is2.png

The old one is still there so you can see the changes:

  http://www.puimula.org/htp/tmp/ooo-is.png

Which SDK you are having problems with? The OOo SDK is a bit tricky but you
should not need it if you are running Debian sid. You can install
openoffice.org-voikko directly from Debian main, it is new enough to support
morphology variant selection and works with SVN versions of libvoikko just
fine.

Once you have compiled the modified version of libvoikko and placed the
required files in ~/.voikko/2/mor-apertium you can start OOo with

  LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/modified/libvoikko/lib oowriter

Then go to Tools->Options->Language Settings->Voikko, from the Vocabulary drop
down box select "apertium: Experimental Lttoolbox morphology" and click OK.
After that any text marked as being in Finnish will be spellchecked with
Lttoolbox.