[libvoikko] Problem building libvoikko with hfst support on the Mac

Harri Pitkänen hatapitk at iki.fi
Fri Sep 2 21:39:19 EEST 2011

On Friday 02 September 2011, Sjur Moshagen wrote:
> I'm trying to build the latest svn of libvoikko using the latest svn of
> hfst. I have installed hfst in $HOME, and configured libvoikko as follows:
>

> HFST_CFLAGS="-I$HOME/include" HFST_LIBS="-L$HOME/lib"
> CFLAGS="-I/Users/sjur/voikko/inst/include -L/Users/sjur/voikko/inst/lib"
> ./configure --enable-static --disable-shared --disable-dependency-tracking
> --prefix=/Users/sjur/voikko/inst --enable-hfst=$HOME
>
> That got me through the configuration without hiccups. But when make-ing, I
> pretty soon get to a point where symbols are not found:

Seems like Hfst backend is not actually linked into libvoikko. Maybe it does
not even get built? I would try "make clean", then reconfiguring with
dependency tracking enabled (drop --disable-dependency-tracking) and building
again.

Anyway, I can't reproduce this, libvoikko builds just fine with Hfst here on
Linux.