[libvoikko] Libreoffice Voikko+HFST standalone extension for Mac issue

Sjur Moshagen sjurnm at mac.com
Tue Sep 13 11:32:06 EEST 2011

Den 12. sep. 2011 kl. 20.56 skrev Sjur Moshagen:

>> This is an error and means ZHfstOspeller is not linked into libvoikko.a.
>> Try rebuilding everything with --disable-shared --enable-static and see if
>> that helps.
>
> I did, and nothing has changed, I still get the same warning + errors as long as I am using the *.a file. If I instead reference the *.dylib file (as the rest of the libraries linked with the *.oxt library), the error disappears, but the resulting *.oxt is non-functional on other systems than my own:(

It seems to be really hard to force a build to use static libraries. Some details can be found here:

http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#qa/qa1393/_index.html

In essence, I have to explicitly reference each lib I want to link for each library I build during the build process.

I'll try to do that, and see what happens.

Sjur