[libvoikko] Heap corruption at libreoffice exit with libreoffice-voikko

Harri Pitkänen hatapitk at iki.fi
Mon Jan 2 18:06:44 EET 2012

On Monday 19 December 2011, Harri Pitkänen wrote:
> On Saturday 17 December 2011, Timo Jyrinki wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > There is a report available about a heap corruption at Debian's bug
> > tracking:

> There may be more than one uno::Reference objects that assume they own the
> same object and will then try to delete it twice. I don't understand yet
> why this happens but I will take a look at it in January if not sooner.

Seems like this was the problem. I removed my own reference handling and the
crash is now gone and the components get deleted just once, not twice.

Fix is in SVN trunk. There will be a new release in about one month. It should
also include support for a new grammar checker feature introduced in
LibreOffice 3.5.