[libvoikko] Strange bug in the interface between hfst-ospell and libvoikko

Sjur Moshagen sjurnm at mac.com
Mon Dec 16 22:05:56 EET 2013

16. des. 2013 kl. 20:03 skrev Harri Pitkänen <hatapitk at iki.fi>:

> I think the problem is not there but in the implementation of extract_to_mem.
> That is where the infinite loop occurs on Windows. The current implementation
> has multiple problems (uses size_t instead of signed ssize_t and thus cannot
> handle error codes) and seems to have problems with buffer positions if it
> loops more than once. I failed to fix it though. I think something like this
> should work:
[...]
> But it does not. It will error out with ARCHIVE_FAILED on Windows. Don't know
> what it would do on Linux.

At least on MacOSX 10.9 it seems to work equally good/bas as the old code:

* seems to work fine with hfst-ospell on its own
* crashes voikkospell with the same error:

$ voikkospell -l -p tools/spellcheckers/fstbased/hfst/
libc++abi.dylib: terminating with uncaught exception of type hfst_ol::ZHfstXmlParsingError
Abort trap: 6

Sjur