[libvoikko] tatar and chuvash in libvoikko

Harri Pitkänen hatapitk at iki.fi
Tue Sep 17 17:24:52 EEST 2013

On Monday 16 September 2013 20:43:16 Francis Tyers wrote:
> Oops, it should probably be:
>
>         {"tat", "tt", "RU"},
>
> But now, although I can select Tatar in the dropdown list (it comes up
> with the little blue ABC tick), I get every word underlined in red. Any
> suggestions ?

In commit a8f9cd3e54cec6256c11867c7d4bc6da402de18b I added these two languages
as

         {"cv", "cv", "RU"},
         {"tt", "tt", "RU"},

and now I can use these in LibreOffice just fine (using a fake dictionary). We
usually use ISO 639-1 codes when they are available but I don't understand how
that could have caused this problem.

If it still does not work for you after you pull the latest change from GitHub
the problem might have something to do with the specific dictionary. Which
backend you were using? If you are using the ZHFST format, I could have a look
if I could download the speller for testing. If you used the Lttoolbox backend
I would recommend converting first to ZHFST format to see if that helps.

And it is also worth checking that LibreOffice is using the same build of
libvoikko that you use with voikkospell. Often, at least on Linux, it happens
easily that LibreOffice uses the system provided library and command line
tools use the library that you compiled from source.