[libvoikko] Is is possible to specify multiple dictionary paths for ./configure?

Harri Pitkänen hatapitk at iki.fi
Sat Jan 3 13:57:11 EET 2015

On Friday 02 January 2015 23:24:59 Sjur Moshagen wrote:
> I suggest the following addtion to the specification above:
> > I think it needs to be both, for several reasons:
> >
> > * $HOME/.voikko is what people expect when coming from a unix/linux world
> > * $HOME/.voikko is needed for backwards compatibility
> > * $HOME/Library/Spelling/voikko should definitely be recognised if/when
> > /Library/Spelling/voikko is also recognised (and should take precedense)

OK, seems fine.

> Add a new item 5), renaming the old 5) to 6):
>
> 5) Only on Mac OS X:
>    a) from directory $HOME/Library/Spelling/voikko

Added this as 3) a) i) and implemented it. Hopefully the implementation is
correct, I could not test it.

>    b) from directory /Library/Spelling/voikko

I think it would be best to implement this as part of 5) by making --with-
dictionary-path default to /usr/lib/voikko:/Library/Spelling/voikko on OS X
and /usr/lib/voikko on other operating systems (this would make it possible to
override the default).

This would only require changes to configure.ac. Something like

  if test x$build_os == xsomething; then

between lines 52 and 57. Can you help me here? I do not know what $build_os is
on OS X and if I try to write this without testing I will most likely just
break things.