[libvoikko] VFST file format and weights

Sjur Moshagen sjurnm at mac.com
Tue Jan 20 09:35:46 EET 2015

Hello,

I have a recollection that Harri mentioned that the VFST format could be extended with simple weights, something like a one-byte weight (0-255 integer) - but I can find no mentioning of this in any e-mail. Is that still something that could be done? The main reason for this would be to be able to order speller suggestions.

At the moment we are starting to plan the work to add a vfst-based spelling checker/autocomplete addition to our Android[1]/iOS[2] keyboard apps. Being able to weight both the lexical entries and the error model would be quite important for a good user experience, but limiting the weights to 256 possible integer values should be fine.

Sjur