[libvoikko] Possible encoding bug in latest voikkospell

Sjur Moshagen sjurnm at mac.com
Fri Mar 20 00:42:57 EET 2015

19. mars 2015 kl. 23:16 skrev Sjur Moshagen <sjurnm at mac.com>:

> $ echo työö | voikkospell -s -d fkv | iconv -f latin1 -t UTF-8
> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
>  what():  locale::facet::_S_create_c_locale name not valid
>
> And to repeat with the example from earlier in this thread:
>
> $ echo arrát | voikkospell -s -d se
> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
>  what():  locale::facet::_S_create_c_locale name not valid
> Abort trap: 6
>
> Something seems to be wrong in that function on the newest MacOSX system.

There is a discussion on this error here:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/gnu.gcc.help/mdh0rta0b90

(pointed to from here: https://trac.macports.org/query?status=!closed&page=8&desc=1&order=owner&row=description)

See also this one:

(«I think "locale loc()" is throwing an exception, but your code doesn't handle exceptions, so the program aborts execution.»)

I hope this helps.

Sjur