[libvoikko] Porting libreoffice-voikko to Python

Harri Pitkänen hatapitk at iki.fi
Thu Sep 24 17:27:20 EEST 2015

On Sunday 06 September 2015 20:05:42 Harri Pitkänen wrote:
> I have started a rather large task of porting the entire libreoffice-voikko
> to Python. The work will be done on a separate branch (port-to-python). Do
> not even try to build or run this branch, it will not work.

The work progressed faster than expected, it was surprisingly easy to convert
C++ into Python. All C++ code is gone now and this branch has been merged on
master. Few things that should be noted before using this:

- You will need the Python module for libvoikko from master branch of
  corevoikko (libvoikko.py).
- Only the case where python-libvoikko and libvoikko are installed as
  system libraries is supported at the moment. Support for standalone
  extensions will come later (including multi platform extensions, these
  were not generally supported before).