[libvoikko] HFST support to libvoikko in Debian and Ubuntu?

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 20:29:32 EEST 2016

> Is it too late to try the patch for the freeze? Or can Tino get his
> proposal ready by then?

Well I'd like to just see an update in Debian that would then be
copied to Ubuntu, without introducing Ubuntu specific patches. With
Ubuntu specific patches, the first question would be why the patches
aren't in Debian. The copying could be done near instantly when
something new is in Debian, but the problem is that only when the new
hfst-ospell is in Ubuntu we can initiate
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MainInclusionProcess which is a manual process
involving members of an overworked team so it would go past the
Feature Freeze date regardless.

After tomorrow the only option to get it included in Ubuntu 16.10
would be the combination of MIR process above and Feature Freeze
Exception process:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FreezeExceptionProcess#FeatureFreeze_Exceptions
- so it'd be pretty hard. There is not much room for disruptions when
there's a release schedule set in stone.

-Timo