[libvoikko] Voikko and Enchant 2

Harri Pitkänen hatapitk at iki.fi
Wed Feb 19 22:34:24 EET 2020

Hi!

Timo Jyrinki kirjoitti 2020-02-19 10:12:
> Thanks for the hint! Voikko via Sonnet seems to work fine at least,
> and so does Abiword. I've moved the bug discussion to
> https://github.com/voikko/corevoikko/issues/42 and added my newest
> findings.

There is one thing that might be worth checking: here at line 134

https://github.com/AbiWord/enchant/blob/master/providers/enchant_voikko.c#L134

existence of the requested dictionary is checked by exact string
comparison. It might be that the client application has slightly
different convention for naming languages and that could cause trouble.
I believe this check could simply be removed. It should be OK to just
call voikkoInit with the provided tag. Libvoikko has slightly more
advanced logic for matching language tags and the null check at line 139
would still handle the case where the requested dictionary really does
not exist.