[libvoikko] Libvoikko compiled for Android

Harri Pitkänen hatapitk at iki.fi
Wed Aug 22 17:26:59 EEST 2012

On Tuesday 21 August 2012, Flammie Pirinen wrote:
> Ok, I tried to test this with my minilaptop for now, and notice that
> there is another codepath in ZHfstOSpeller for legacy speller, the
> automatic test only tested the older Speller object. Should be finally
> fixed in r2626

Thanks, I'll test this and if it works I'll update the binary test package for
Android to have this support enabled.

> [[As a sidenote,
> compilation fails with python3 and autogen.sh tries to copy
> non-existent files:
>
> cp: tiedoston ”/usr/share/misc/config.sub” tilaa ei voi lukea:
> Tiedostoa tai hakemistoa ei ole cp: tiedoston
> ”/usr/share/misc/config.guess” tilaa ei voi lukea: Tiedostoa tai
> hakemistoa ei ole

Fixed this by not copying these files anymore (not needed because we use
autoreconf these days).

> make[2]: Siirrytään hakemistoon
> "/home/flammie/src/corevoikko/libvoikko/src"
> python ./autocorrect/triecompiler.py ./../data/autocorrect/fi_FI.xml
> autocorrect/data.hpp File "./autocorrect/triecompiler.py", line 72 if
> unicodeChar == u"\\": ^
> SyntaxError: invalid syntax

triecompiler.py is now fixed to work with Python 3. Suomi-malaga still
requires Python 2 but I will eventually fix it as well.

Support for Python < 2.6 had to be dropped but since nobody objected when I
asked about this a few months ago it should not be a problem.

> I've attached a patch with corrections I made while testing, but I
> don't think they're relevant here. There's probably some neat way to
> mail those with git, but I haven't learnt it yet.

If you commit your changes locally you can generate a patch with

  git format-patch HEAD~1

(replace 1 with the number of changes you have committed and want to submit).
Then attach the generated patch file(s) to a message. This saves me from
setting the author information and writing a commit message, other than that
it does not really matter how these patches are prepared.

Anyway I managed to set the author information for your changes to HfstSpeller
so those changes got correctly attributed to you.