[libvoikko] Libvoikko for WIN64, cross compiling, VFST portability and re-licensing status

Marko Wallin marko.wallin at iki.fi
Wed Mar 21 08:29:14 EET 2012

21.3.2012 7.44, Andris Pavenis kirjoitti:
> On 03/20/2012 09:24 PM, Harri Pitkänen wrote:
>> On Tuesday 20 March 2012, Marko Wallin wrote:
>>> Didn't work with mozvoikko on 32 bit Firefox as the
>>> library couldn't be loaded.
>>
>> This is most likely caused by the required dependencies. If I remember
>> correctly Mozvoikko had to preload library dependencies for libvoikko
>> before
>> and stuff
>> like that. So now you would need to do something similar. Call
>> ctypes.open for
>> libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll and libstdc++-6.dll before opening libvoikko-1.dll
>> to make
>> it work.

I thought so and when those libs were loaded mozvoikko worked on 64-bit
Firefox Nightly in 64-bit Windows 7.

>> Better alternative would be to link these libraries statically to
>> libvoikko-1.dll. I tried that but had no success. It should be
>> possible but
>> someone needs to figure out how to do that.
>>

> You could try at first Firefoxin nightly versions like from
>
> http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/latest-trunk/
>
> At least I see win64 version there.
>
> One can also use http://www.dependencywalker.com/ to see which DLL's are
> used and which are not found.

The problem was also with cross compiled 32-bit libs so the Firefox
version didn't make difference.

> Preloading other DLL's were removed from mozvoikko as it was no more
> needed. I would not like seen it put back

Using Visual Studio to compile those 64-bit libs should provide just one
library like we now have. Just that what I previously read it needs some
additional hassle when using the Express version.

Anyways, the changes to mozvoikko to work with 64-bit Firefox on Windows
were straightforward.

// Marko