[libvoikko] Setting up HFST morphology backend

Flammie Pirinen flammie at iki.fi
Mon Apr 26 18:18:46 EEST 2010

2010-04-26, Sjur Moshagen sanoi:

> I have been trying to set up LibVoikko to use HFST, but have had no
> success so far. This is what I have done, first trying to get regular
> suomi-malaga to work:
>
> * compiled omorfi (latest svn, no errors)

NB. current omorfi has a few regressions dictionary-wise to e.g. latest
stable.

> * compiled LibVoikko (latest svn, no errors)

For voikko you'll most likely have to ./configure --enable-hfst, to get
the experimental HFST backend.

> a83-245-189-120:suomimalaga sjur$ voikkospell
> E: Initialization of Voikko failed: No valid dictionaries were found
>
> I thought step 6 above would take care of that?

For HFST backend you can cp ${prefix}/share/omorfi/*
${HOME}/.voikko/2/mor-hfst/ and rename stuff like so:

 ls ~/.voikko/2/mor-hfst/
hyphenation.hwfst  hyp.hwfst  mor.hwfst  spl.hwfst  sug.hwfst
voikko-fi_FI.pro

I'm sure I'll change the scheme at least to be more verbose before the
final release, and most likely also more configurable, but this works
with current SVN.

--
Flammie, computer scientist bachelor, linguist master, free software
Finnish localiser, and more! <http://www.iki.fi/flammie/>