[libvoikko] Setting up HFST morphology backend

Harri Pitkänen hatapitk at iki.fi
Wed Apr 28 19:23:58 EEST 2010

On Wednesday 28 April 2010, Sjur Moshagen wrote:
> >  #define HAVE_HFST 1
>
> It does.
>
> I still get:
>
> a83-245-189-120:voikko sjur$ voikkospell -s -d fi-x-hfst
> E: Initialization of Voikko failed: Failed to create analyzer because of
>  unknown morphology backend

I just checked and HFST works just fine here. Looking at
src/morphology/AnalyzerFactory.cpp where this error comes from I can only see
two possible explanations:

1) For some reason code inside #ifdef HAVE_HFST is not compiled. You can check
this by writing some invalid C++ inside the block and see if the code still
compiles or not.

2) dictionary.getMorBackend() does not return string "hfst". Maybe your
voikko-fi_FI.pro contains a typo or it has been edited on OS X where some
strange control characters may get inserted at the end of line. Or maybe the
C++ code that reads this file behaves differently on OS X. What do the
following commands print?

 cat ~/.voikko/2/mor-hfst/voikko-fi_FI.pro

 md5sum ~/.voikko/2/mor-hfst/voikko-fi_FI.pro