[libvoikko] Installation and removal of openoffice.org-voikko in OOo 3.3

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Sun Jun 13 21:31:58 EEST 2010

11. kesäkuuta 2010 10.33 Harri Pitkänen <hatapitk at iki.fi> kirjoitti:
> OpenOffice.org 3.3 (to be released later this year) will have an new extension
> installation method, bundled extensions. This method differs from shared
> extensions by not requiring the use of unopkg when installing or uninstalling
> the extension. It will be sufficient to copy the unpacked extension to a
> specific location and remove it during uninstallation.

Finally! Meanwhile we've problematic upgrades in Ubuntu 8.04 LTS ->
10.04 LTS and Debian 5.0 -> 6.0. But it's good to know the problems
will finally end with OOo 3.3, hopefully. The registering of
extensions that are part of the OOo source package itself was changed
so that they don't need Pre-Depends anymore [1], but I'm unsure about
applying that to external source packages.

[1] http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~openoffice-pkgs/openoffice/3.2.0-lucid/revision/1293

-Timo