[libvoikko] ooovoikko+hfst+dictionaries packages (was: Re: libreoffice-voikko 3.2rc1)

Harri Pitkänen hatapitk at iki.fi
Mon Feb 21 22:21:08 EET 2011

On Monday 21 February 2011, Flammie Pirinen wrote:
> Well, I kind of followed the instructions here
> <http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/voikko/wiki/build/windows
>
>  >, but I didn't find other than the debug versions of libraries after
>
> building (in msvc\Debug\). This might just be that I don't know how to
> use visual studio yet, the last time I used it was with version 6.0
> and it had easier user interface for just compiling the project :-)

I have made the same mistake, the UI somehow makes it hard to spot such
things. On the toolbar (MSVC 2005 edition) there is a dropdown that contains
options "Debug", "Release" and "Configuration Manager...". You should select
"Release" and then do a full rebuild.

I added a note about this on the wiki page.

> I tried visual studio express 2010 first but with it ooo build
> actually errors out that version of visual studio is too new, so I
> rebuilt everything with visual studio express 2008, which is actually
> oldest you can download from microsoft's site. This version doesn't at
> least complain when compiling.

2008 should indeed work with current releases. 2010 should be usable with
LibreOffice 3.4 and later (based on the messages I have seen on the developers
list).