[libvoikko] VoikkoSpellService + hfst questions

Sjur Moshagen sjurnm at mac.com
Fri Sep 9 16:20:29 EEST 2011

Den 9. sep. 2011 kl. 14.23 skrev Flammie Pirinen:

>> Is it possible to build the extension this way? How?
>
> I believe it works that way by default, unless you have used the
> --disable-extdicts in configure switches of the static voikko.

Ok. I didn't, so external dicts should be picked up.

But what is more important is to ensure that the statically linked libvoikko.dylib is used in the oxt - otherwise I would expect that the hfst support would vanish as soon as I move the oxt to another machine. But the dylibs are of very different sizes:

$ ls -l build/oxt/voikko.dylib
-rwxr-xr-x  1 sjur  sjur   221K  9 sep 15:20 build/oxt/voikko.dylib*

$ ls -l /usr/local/lib/libvoikko.1.dylib
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel   975K  8 sep 12:53 /usr/local/lib/libvoikko.1.dylib*

That is a huge difference, and because of this I suspect that the ooovoikko build is not using/picking up the dylib I want it to.

Sjur