[libvoikko] Introducing VFSTs (Varissuo Finite State Transducers)

Harri Pitkänen hatapitk at iki.fi
Thu Mar 1 16:30:03 EET 2012

On Thursday 01 March 2012, Harri Pitkänen wrote:
> On Wednesday 29 February 2012, Sam Hardwick wrote:
> > 2) 80.4 s for 80 000 words sounds slow for hfst-optimized-lookup, even
> > with OmorFi. There's probably something a bit off here.
>
> I suppose so. Maybe the tool was configured with debug settings or
> something like that. I'll check later today.

Indeed. After "make clean", "svn update" and "make install" I get completely
different results for hfst-optimized-lookup:

                       VFST   hfst-optimized-lookup
Running time           9.8s   8.7s
Memory (total VM)      35Mb   213Mb
Memory (running set)   6.7Mb  198Mb
Memory (non-shareable) 0.5Mb  202Mb
File size              8.7Mb  30Mb

So speed is now what it should be, but memory use of hfst-optimized-lookup
went slightly up.