[libvoikko] Libvoikko for WIN64, cross compiling, VFST portability and re-licensing status

Harri Pitkänen hatapitk at iki.fi
Tue Mar 20 21:24:12 EET 2012

On Tuesday 20 March 2012, Marko Wallin wrote:
> Did a quick test and the cross compiled libvoikko seems to work on 64
> bit Windows 7 when run on command prompt. Tested just voikkospell with
> couple of words.

Thanks for testing! This is really encouraging news since we can now "support"
64 bit Windows at least for those users who are willing to test the library
and report back if they see problems.

> Didn't work with mozvoikko on 32 bit Firefox as the
> library couldn't be loaded.

This is most likely caused by the required dependencies. If I remember
correctly Mozvoikko had to preload library dependencies for libvoikko before
like that. So now you would need to do something similar. Call ctypes.open for
libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll and libstdc++-6.dll before opening libvoikko-1.dll to make
it work.

Better alternative would be to link these libraries statically to
libvoikko-1.dll. I tried that but had no success. It should be possible but
someone needs to figure out how to do that.