[libvoikko] Strange bug in the interface between hfst-ospell and libvoikko

Sjur Moshagen sjurnm at mac.com
Thu Dec 12 08:58:57 EET 2013

Here’s one possible clue as to the source of the bug:

$ voikkospell -l -p tools/spellcheckers/fstbased/hfst/
sms-x-standard: Giellatekno/Divvun/UiT fst-based speller for Skolt Sami

r$ voikkospell -L -p tools/spellcheckers/fstbased/hfst/
spell:sms
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'hfst_ol::ZHfstMetaDataParsingError'
Abort trap

That is, the one speller that works fine (sms/Skolt Sámi on MacOSX 10.6) still crashes when voikkospell is invoked with the new option -L, but only *after* it has listed the available features of sms.

And just to document what I said earlier - regular spelling works fine:

$ voikkospell -s -p tools/spellcheckers/fstbased/hfst/ -d sms
jih
W: jih
S: ai
S: iin