[libvoikko] zhfst support on Windows

Harri Pitkänen hatapitk at iki.fi
Sun Dec 15 16:40:16 EET 2013

I was able to build a version of libvoikko for Windows where support for zhfst
spellers was enabled. Unfortunately it seems that hfst-ospell does really not
work on Windows.

Running "voikkospell.exe -l" when a zhfst speller is available will not crash
but will consume 100% of the CPU until I stop it. Seems like it gets stuck in
an infinite loop somewhere.

The same occurs if I run "hfst-ospell.exe sma-20130626.zhfst" so the bug does
not seem to be in libvoikko.

If I move away all zhfst spellers then "voikkospell.exe -d fi-x-dialects" with
the Malaga backend works just fine.

The next step would be to start debugging hfst-ospell.exe to figure out what
is wrong with it. Unfortunately I have no useful debugging tools on my Windows
laptop so I would need to start adding debugging output to various parts of
hfst-ospell source to nail this bug. But right now I really don't have the
time for that (I have already spent half of the weekend on this). So I'll get
back to this when I have more time.