[libvoikko] hfst-ospell and Windows

Sjur Moshagen sjurnm at mac.com
Mon Jul 1 00:53:27 EEST 2013

30. juni 2013 kl. 21:49 skrev Harri Pitkänen <hatapitk at iki.fi>:

> Has anyone tried to build hfst-ospell for Windows?

Not that I am aware of.

> If we want to support zhfst spellers we need to build the following additional
> libraries:
>
> * zhfst-ospell
>   * libarchive
>   * libxml++
>     * libxml2
>     * libglibmm
>       * libglib2
>       * libsigc++
>         * libffi
>
> Not the most convinient thing to do considering that we want to statically
> link the standard libraries everywhere which most likely is not directly
> supported by the build systems.

That was exactly what I had to do on the Mac, and it took some time to figure out all the details. But in the end I got it working, and a MacOSX version built on MacOSX 10.4 against LO SDK 4.0 is available at:

http://divvun.no/static_files/voikko-2013-06-27.oxt

It contains no language modules at all - they have to be installed separately (which probably is a bit different from what is used in the regular Voikko oxt - I should probably rebuild with the default setup). Anyway, the hfst support is working great, and quite a few are eager to start using it.

> At the moment I don't have time to build all 8 libraries for Windows or port
> zhfst-ospell to use TinyXML. So for now this is all just theory. But if
> someone is interested in working on this, let me know. I'm planning a new
> binary release of libreoffice-voikko for Windows by the end of July and would
> be happy to have it zhfst-enabled if there is interest for such thing.

In the Divvun/Giellatekno and associated groups there is tremendous interest in such a thing. The Mac version - although only a few days old - has gotten a lot of attention, and we are just waiting for the Windows and Linux versions. Unfortunately we don't have the expertise to help much in this case :( I have one colleague who's been doing some coding using TinyXML - he is on vacation now, but I Cc him, so he can have a look when he is back towards the end of July.

Sjur