[libvoikko] patch to compile libreoffice-voikko against LibreOffice 4.1

Harri Pitkänen hatapitk at iki.fi
Mon Jul 29 17:33:09 EEST 2013

Hi!

On Monday 29 July 2013 08:16:22 Timo Jyrinki wrote:
> Rene Engelhard contributed a patch to Debian's libreoffice-voikko to
> compile against LibreOffice 4.1.0. Attached, and more information at

Applying this patch will break build with LibreOffice 4.0 and earlier. Most
likely the same will happen with Apache OpenOffice. I tried to add some
version detection but it turns out that the SDK does not export version
information in a way that would make this easy (and of course I don't even
know if/when Apache OpenOffice will drop this option).

Once I have verified this with 4.1 (aptitude is just downloading the required
packages) I will commit Rene's fix as is. I will add a warning to the release
notes of the previous release on our website too.

If, after the fix, you still need to build with LibreOffice 4.0 or earlier /
Apache OpenOffice the following command should work:

  make oxt CPPUMAKER='cppumaker -BUCR'

> Additionally, I've been carrying a debug build related patch which I
> unfortunately haven't brought up before, also attached. To me it would
> look like it's not needed anymore, for some reason or another?
> DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=noopt seems to work, ie make VOIKKO_DEBUG=no oxt
> even without the patch - -O0 -g are used instead of -O2. The patch was
> by Timo Lindfors, but I'd drop it now.

Yes, it should just work without the patch. It should have worked in the past
as well. Maybe there has been some bug that was later fixed, I don't remember
one though.