[libvoikko] grammar checking in libvoikko

Harri Pitkänen hatapitk at iki.fi
Wed Sep 18 17:23:37 EEST 2013

On Tuesday 17 September 2013 21:57:09 Francis Tyers wrote:
> Is there a reason why there are some source files in upper case and
> others in lower case ? ... is it basically if they are classes or not ?

Libvoikko was originally written in plain C and later converted into C++.
There are still two coding styles visible but new code should be written in
C++ style.

As you guessed, the source files that contain a C++ class are named after that
class (and thus have upper case letters in them). Lower case files contain
functions and C-style structs. Ideally we should get rid of those except in
the few places that define the external interface of the library (which is
still a plain C interface).