[libvoikko] grammar checker checks

Sjur Moshagen sjurnm at mac.com
Fri Sep 27 23:41:03 EEST 2013

27. sep. 2013 kl. 18:04 skrev Francis Tyers <ftyers at prompsit.com>:

>> Eckhard Bick and I have discussed this at length today, and the
>> conclusion is against changing the current CG-3 dual-licensing model
>> (Commercial + GPLv3) at this time. Eckhard does not want to eclipse
>> the commercial avenue by making CG-3 LGPL and/or MPL.
>>

>> If it was possible to grant LibreOffice an exclusive non-transferable
>> license to use CG-3, Eckhard would be ok with that, but LibreOffice
>> rejects that idea (I asked #libreoffice-dev). LO strongly requires all
>> code going into LO Core to be at least dual-licensed LGPLv3 and MPL.
>
> No problem, in any case, we will have that avenue open if the fomacg
> stuff continues being developed. In fact, it would give more impetus. :)

I don't see the issue with LO here. I mean - this would be a plugin, with a separate code-base, not to be directly integrated with LO. So why is it not ok to include code with a different license, as long as the license is compatible with the libvoikko license (as opposed to the LO license)? It might be that there are issues wrt the (lib)voikko license - but why this LO license discussion?

Sjur