[libvoikko] Changes to libreoffice-voikko for reliable (un)installation

Harri Pitkänen hatapitk at iki.fi
Sat Aug 30 18:55:50 EEST 2014

On Saturday 30 August 2014 17:49:32 Sjur Moshagen wrote:
> But aren’t there API changes between LO < 4.1 and LO 4.1≤? That is,
> LO-voikko 3.4.1 isn’t compatible with LO 4.1+? And the fact that the OXT
> built for LO 4.1 does work for LO 4.1 (just as the oxt built for LO 3.6+
> works fine for LO 3.6-4.0.x) but the same OXT does NOT work when used with
> LO 4.2+ looks very suspicious and strange to me.
>
> I just installed the OXT built for LO 3.6-4.0.x in LO 4.3, and it behaves
> exactly the same as the OXT built for LO 4.1+ - the settings pane is empty
> and nothing works.
>
> I tried to find relevant log files, but could not find anythin. Any tip on
> what and where to look (for)?

I have no idea, sorry. There should be no API changes, at least I have been
shipping libreoffice-voikko 3.4.1 to Windows users for all recent LibreOffice
versions. So this is something specific to OS X that needs to be debugged on
OS X. Unfortunately I do not have the hardware to do this myself.

Re-building with VOIKKO_DEBUG=FULL and checking if there is any output to the
terminal when you use LibreOffice might help.