[libvoikko] Is is possible to specify multiple dictionary paths for ./configure?

Harri Pitkänen hatapitk at iki.fi
Mon Dec 29 23:11:32 EET 2014

On Monday 29 December 2014 20:40:46 Sjur Moshagen wrote:
> There has been recent work on another macosx speller service implementation
> with support for multiple languages
> (https://github.com/roguePanda/MacVoikko).

Great!

> The main implementer has put the
> zhfst files in /Library/Spelling, the same place as one should put the .aff
> and .dic files of Hunspell spellers. This would follow the general
> dictionary structure of MacOSX, and as such it seems ok and quite fitting.
>
> There are two issues though:
>
> 1) People expect that things put in /Library/Spelling should work also in
> ~/Library/Spelling (and possibly /System/Library/Spelling) 2) I would like
> to retain the default locations, which are automatically disabled when
> using the override - being able to specify a list would resolve that
>
> So yes, if possible, it would be nice if you could implement support for
> this :)

Done in commit cf0bbe82e26da1bfec4b6144a3d8c67e533124c5

The change affects the interpretation of --with-dictionary-path (configured
default), VOIKKO_DICTIONARY_PATH environment variable and Windows registry
settings. The path separator character is ; on Windows and : on other
operating systems.

I did not actually test this by reconfiguring the library but

VOIKKO_DICTIONARY_PATH=/path1:/path2 voikkospell -l

seems to find stuff from both /path1 and /path2 so I expect it to work. Let me
know if you find any issues.