[libvoikko] ZHFST, libreffice-voikko and Windows: new test build available

Sjur Moshagen sjurnm at mac.com
Mon Feb 10 18:08:35 EET 2014

Sorry for being late in answering.

31. jan. 2014 kl. 16:47 skrev Harri Pitkänen <hatapitk at iki.fi>:

> On Friday 31 January 2014 08:16:33 Sjur Moshagen wrote:
>> 29. jan. 2014 kl. 19:42 skrev Harri Pitkänen <hatapitk at iki.fi>:
>>> There is one benefit in using the old code: it will work in LibreOffice
>>> 3.6
>>> and later. The new code would require LibreOffice 4.1.
>>
>> That is of course true. On the other side, many of the languages using the
>> hfst support are not recognized by LibreOffice 3.6, some not even by 4.1
>> (but by the upcoming 4.2, and some possibly not even there).
>>
>> That is, to make full use of the hfst support, we would need the latest
>> codebase. Now that we have one release supporting LO 3.6, would it be
>> possible to make another release targeted at LO 4.1 and newer?
>
> I don't think we have an actual release yet, just an oxt package for testing.
> We can do another soon but let's turn this one into a real release first so
> that it is also available for the end users.

Ok. Although I would like to get the support for new languages out ASAP, I think your suggestion make sense, and it will help us identify bugs that are still there.

I will recompile the oxt against the LO 3.6 SDK, and make that one available for packaging. This way we have the same starting point for both Windows and Mac.

> I will set up a web page that contains links (direct downloads or references
> to other download sites) for all languages that can be supported. To do that I
> would need either 1) or 2) for each of the supported languages:
>

> 1) URL for a web page that contains download information or links for one or
> more languages. At least oxt file for Windows and information on where to get
> the sources for the extension and the speller should be available on that
> page.

We will do that for the Sámi languages, most likely for all the hfst-based languages.

> If we get this working for a few languages then we can extend it to the more
> recently added. Is that OK?

Yes.

Sjur