[libvoikko] Function visibility question

Harri Pitkänen hatapitk at iki.fi
Wed Jan 29 17:14:09 EET 2014

On Wednesday 29 January 2014 11:57:05 Sjur Moshagen wrote:
> I don’t understand the meaning of this warning, but the oxt seems to work
> just as intended. Is there anyone on the list that could tell me if the
> warning is significant or can be ignored? Or even better: how I can avoid
> the warning (ie what have I done wrong).

This happens because ospell.h (in hfst-ospell) contains member function
definitions. When the header is included in libvoikko these member functions
will have hidden visibility and default visibility when they are included in
hfst-ospell.

I would fix this by moving the member function definitions from ospell.h to
ospell.cc and re-compiling both hfst-ospell and libvoikko. This would avoid
the extra definition within libvoikko (where at least get_key_table() is not
even used). But this will be API incompatible change in hfst-ospell so I'm not
sure if you want to do it.