[libvoikko] Changes to libreoffice-voikko for reliable (un)installation

Sjur Moshagen sjurnm at mac.com
Mon Sep 1 09:03:08 EEST 2014

31. aug. 2014 kl. 10:06 skrev Harri Pitkänen <hatapitk at iki.fi>:

> On Friday 29 August 2014 22:52:08 Sjur Moshagen wrote:
>> This is the big next issue for me: the LO 4.1 OXT does not work with neither
>> LO 4.2 or 4.3. It installs cleanly, but as soon as one opens the Voikko
>> preferences pane, it is completely empty (see attached screenshot).
>
> One thing that could explain this is that you are using 64 bit version of
> LibreOffice. If the META-INF/manifest.xml file in your extension states that
> the component is for 32 bit OS X it would simply be ignored when you use 64
> bit LibreOffice. In that case the symptoms would be exactly those you are
> seeing.

This was it! I was sure I had downloaded the 32-bit version - I had the belief that 64-bit versions for MacOSX was experimental still, and thus not offered as part of the regular downloads. I was wrong, and hadn’t noticed.

Now that I downloaded LO 4.3 as 32 bit and ran it, LO-voikko worked exactly as it should:D

That is, everything code-wise is fine:)

What is left to do is to build a 64-bit or - preferably - a universal binary version of LO-voikko. In the meantime, I will document to our users that only 32-bit LO is supported for now.

Sjur