[libvoikko] Changes to libreoffice-voikko for reliable (un)installation

Sjur Moshagen sjurnm at mac.com
Thu Sep 4 18:03:52 EEST 2014

4. sep. 2014 kl. 17:20 skrev Harri Pitkänen <hatapitk at iki.fi>:

> Great to hear that you managed to find a fix!

:)

> I'm not yet sure if removing
> type=native is a safe thing to do for all platforms (it seems very strange) so
> I will not remove it from the official sources.

That is fine. This should probably be checked with some LO developer/expert.

> But you can of course use that
> fix where it helps. I will now build a new version on Windows and if it seems
> to work I will publish a new release candidate.

Excellent! Could you build both a 3.4.1-based release (with the passive component changes) and one based on the newest sources? Even though there are probably few users of the older version, it could be a nice service of backwards compatibility / OOo compatibility for the languages supported. But if in doubt or short on time, the newest LO-voikko source code is most important to us.

> Do you need a new hfst-ospell for Windows? The latest I have built is from
> revision 3659 and it has worked fine for me. But if you know that there are
> important fixes in later versions I can build a new one.

3659 is a very old version, and there are a number of bug fixes and improvements made later. I noticed when I checked the svn log that I haven’t been using the latest version either - I have made notes for the Mac binaries I have built that I have used hfst-ospell svn revision 3678. There are a number of bug fixes and improvements also after this version. I will recompile with the lastest hfst-ospell, and test that on the Mac.

Sjur