[libvoikko] Northern Sami in Webvoikko

Francis Tyers ftyers at prompsit.com
Sat Sep 27 12:59:40 EEST 2014

A 2014-09-27 11:28, Harri Pitkänen escrigué:
> Web based proofreading service Webvoikko can now do spell checking for
> Northern Sami language:
>
>   http://joukahainen.puimula.org/webvoikko/spell
>
> Here are quick instructions (the interface is in Finnish):
>
> - Under "Valitse sanasto" select "Giellatekno/Divvun/UiT fst-based
> speller for Northern Sami".
>
> - Now you can type or copy-paste your text into the text area under
> "Kirjoita teksti". No need to click any buttons, spell checking
> results will soon appear under the text area. Red words are spelling
> errors. You can click them to get suggestions (and clicking a
> suggestion will replace the word in the text area). Clicking correctly
> spelled words would display information about the word but that does
> not work with HFST spellers.
>
> - Under tab "Oikolue WWW-sivu" you can enter an URL for a web page
> containing text in Northern Sami, for example
> http://se.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davvis%C3%A1megiella
>   Clicking "Oikolue" will fetch the page, extract text from it and
> display the results. Red and green bars next to the text can be
> ignored. If grammar checking was available those bars would tell if
> the text is a full paragraph or some other kind of text content
> (grammar checking will use relaxed rules for non-paragraph text
> content).
>
> If the service is useful or you wish to see improvements, let me know.

This is nice!

In terms of interfaces for online spell/grammar checking I've yet to see
one better
than the Softcatalà online corrector here:

http://www.softcatala.org/corrector

I'd highly recommend to copy their interface... or maybe they have
something which can
be used as-is ...

F.