[libvoikko] Mozvoikko 2.2

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 20:03:26 EEST 2015

> I have no idea if/how the signature in that XPI can be used in Debian/Ubuntu
> packages. But I guess that if the files mentioned in the signature manifest
> files are included without modifications then the signature should be valid
> even if the packaging format changes from .xpi to .deb.

I've now been able to make a packaging that uses the signature
(META-INF/*) from the signed .xpi, even though it "builds" from the
release tarball instead. It fixes the not-signed warning on Firefox
40.

However, unlike the original bug reported, for some reason if I use eg
Firefox Developer Edition (downloaded and extracted by the local user)
or a packaged Firefox 41 from
https://launchpad.net/~mozillateam/+archive/ubuntu/firefox-next/, I
get a) still the warning, b) actually even with the older mozvoikko
still the warning and ability to load the extension just as with the
signed/new mozvoikko.

I have to rest now but I'm pretty puzzled what has changed - did
Firefox upstream change? If yes, to for example still allow non-signed
extensions, it doesn't explain why would the signed extension show as
non-signed?

I still have no responses from the Ubuntu Firefox maintainer so I
don't have clues. It looked pretty clear / "done" when testing only
with Firefox 40...

The newly packaged mozvoikko is available for all Ubuntus currently at
https://launchpad.net/~timo-jyrinki/+archive/ubuntu/voikkotest2

-Timo