[libvoikko] libvoikko 4.0.2rc1

Harri Pitkänen hatapitk at iki.fi
Thu Feb 11 18:21:25 EET 2016

This is just a week after 4.0.1 was released so our release cycle was
unusually short this time. But we have some nice improvements and a bug fix
that I consider important so here it is:

  http://www.puimula.org/htp/testing/libvoikko-4.0.2rc1.tar.gz

The major changes after 4.0.1 are the following:

* Fixed a memory leak in the Finnish VFST backend that might have affected
long running processes (this really means just servers, hardly significant for
desktop applications).

* Substantially better performance of tokens method in the Python interface
(the same fix that was made for Java in 4.0.1).

* Performance of language independent weighted VFST backend (enabled by
--enable-expvfst) has been improved. For example spelling suggestions from
Lule Sami speller are now about 2 - 3 times faster than before.
  + Note that you now need to use voikkovfstc from 4.0.2 to create weighted
    VFST transducers. Earlier versions are not compatible anymore. Only order
    of items in the transducer has changed so requirements for memory and
    disk space are the same as before. Unweighted transducers (those used
    for Finnish) are compatible across versions >= 4.0 so the incompatibility
    is something that only affects this experimental backend.

* Performance of the Finnish VFST backend has also been improved a bit.

The final release is scheduled for next week.