[libvoikko] HFST support to libvoikko in Debian and Ubuntu?

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 14:23:52 EET 2016

> I will continue to maintain libvoikko, voikko-fi, libreoffice-voikko
> and now foma. My hope would be to get the new libvoikko 4.0 with VFST
> to Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.

Completed 2 hours ago, libvoikko 4.0.1 with VFST support, suomi-malaga
2.0, foma 0.9.18+r243 (=0.9.18 but Apache-2 licensed) and
libreoffice-voikko 5.0 are in both Debian and Ubuntu (release pocket).
For Ubuntu, this means they will be part of 16.04 LTS release, for
which the feature freeze is next Thursday.

foma's maintainership can be moved to Debian Science Team but my
packages are LowNMU and in collab-maint git anyway so they will be
easy to co-maintain regardless.

As for HFST support, I can start enabling it or people can submit git
requests to it later at
http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/libvoikko.git/ - when
everything needed and useful dictionaries are in Debian.

-Timo