[libvoikko] No zhfst support in LibreOffice-voikko 5.0?

Harri Pitkänen hatapitk at iki.fi
Thu Jan 7 17:32:39 EET 2016

Hi!

On Thursday 07 January 2016 13:00:13 Sjur Moshagen wrote:
> I am debugging reports about non-working LibreOffice-voikko for zhfst files.
> The bug reports relate to the versions built by the divvun team (divvun.no
> <http://divvun.no/>), but as part of the debugging process, I tested the
> latest (5.0) release of the LO-voikko extension for Windows, as found here:
>
> http://www.puimula.org/htp/ooo/libreoffice-voikko.html
> <http://www.puimula.org/htp/ooo/libreoffice-voikko.html>
>
> Since all of LO-voikko 5.0, libvoikko 4.0, and voikko-fi-2.0 were announced
> and released at the same time, I had assumed that support for zhfst (ie
> hfst-ospell backend) was enabled by default for all spellers, including
> LO-voikko. This seems not to be the case.

At the source level libreoffice-voikko makes no assumptions about backends, it
supports the formats that libvoikko supports.

Your issue is related to the fact that the libraries and dictionaries for this
extension package were built in October while the default configuration
changes in libvoikko were made in November. Thus this particular extension has
no support for ZHFST or VFST formats, only Malaga. I had to do this because I
received so many bug reports about issues with 64 bit LibreOffice (released in
June) that there was no time to wait until December and the final releases.

The next Finnish spell checker release for LibreOffice will surely support
ZHFST and VFST. I expect to release it in a few months (hopefully along with
some additional improvements in the VFST backend).