[libvoikko] HFST support to libvoikko in Debian and Ubuntu?

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 16:43:48 EEST 2016

Yes, PASS is now at 6 for amd64/i386 and XFAIL 4, while no change
(other than FAIL 6 instead of FAIL 5) on other architectures.

https://launchpadlibrarian.net/262932544/buildlog_ubuntu-yakkety-amd64.hfst-ospell_0.4.0~r4643-4ubuntu1~trytests3_BUILDING.txt.gz
https://launchpadlibrarian.net/262932716/buildlog_ubuntu-yakkety-arm64.hfst-ospell_0.4.0~r4643-4ubuntu1~trytests3_BUILDING.txt.gz
https://launchpadlibrarian.net/262932715/buildlog_ubuntu-yakkety-armhf.hfst-ospell_0.4.0~r4643-4ubuntu1~trytests3_BUILDING.txt.gz
https://launchpadlibrarian.net/262932768/buildlog_ubuntu-yakkety-i386.hfst-ospell_0.4.0~r4643-4ubuntu1~trytests3_BUILDING.txt.gz
https://launchpadlibrarian.net/262932507/buildlog_ubuntu-yakkety-ppc64el.hfst-ospell_0.4.0~r4643-4ubuntu1~trytests3_BUILDING.txt.gz

By the way, if you don't have access to armhf/arm64 hardware, one can
also boot in emulator
http://suihkulokki.blogspot.fi/2016/05/booting-ubuntu-1604-cloud-images-on.html
(I have such a setup locally). It's very slow, but then again
hfst-ospell is not so huge source to compile to the point where tests
can be executed.

Anyway, I'll pass the torch to Tino for a while now. It'd be nice to
gets the tests situation resolved before August 18th
(https://wiki.ubuntu.com/YakketyYak/ReleaseSchedule) so that I could
get libvoikko 4.0.2 synced from Debian to Ubuntu. But if not, I may
consider forking the packaging so that libvoikko in Ubuntu stays with
HFST disabled, just to get the 4.0.2 bugfix/performance release to
Ubuntu too.

-Timo