[libvoikko] Voikko and upcoming changes to Firefox extensions

Henri Sivonen hsivonen at hsivonen.fi
Tue Mar 28 12:39:31 EEST 2017

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 12:23 PM, Sjur Moshagen <sjurnm at mac.com> wrote:
> * libvoikko-compatible dictionaries that are on the readiness level
> that they could quality-wise be exposed to end-users exist for
> Finnish, Greenlandic, North Sami and Kven.
> (http://divvun.no/libreofficeoxt.html and
> http://divvun.org/proofing/otherapps.html )
>

> Also South and Lule Sami are on that level, Kven is not (yet).

OK. Thanks.

> * The licensing situation for the Greenlandic, North Sami and Kven
> dictionaries is unclear.
> (https://victorio.uit.no/langtech/trunk/langs/kal/LICENCE)
> Yes, you are right, thanks for pointing this out. I will take action to
> resolve the issue.

Can you give some preliminary indication of what the license might end up being?

> I will try to resolve the licensing situation for the most actively
> worked-on languages.

Thank you.

> All of these languages depend on the hfst-ospell library for run-time use,

That adds more complexity. :-( Do I understand the following correctly?

 * hfst-ospell is under Apache License 2.0.
 * hfst-ospell depends on libarchive (BSD license)
 * hfst-ospell depends on libxml++2 (LGPLv2 or later)
 * libxml++2 depends on libxml2 (MIT license)
 * Finnish is the only spell checking language that libvoikko works
with without these dependencies.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen at hsivonen.fi