[libvoikko] libreoffice-voikko 3.2rc1

Flammie Pirinen flammie at iki.fi
Wed Feb 16 18:03:17 EET 2011

Harri Pitkänen kirjoitti 14.2.2011 kello 19.28:

> On Monday 14 February 2011, Flammie Pirinen wrote:
>> oxt/* is what I've been modifying with prototypes already. There's
>> also properties that show in I think extension manager and maybe even
>> settings page? Translations are of course also needed for language
>> support, but that's relatively easy at the moment.
>
> SettingsDialog_*.properties are for the settings page which is also
> accessible
> through the extension manager.

Actually only thing I got confused there was that I think I tested the
plugin on system with greenlandic locale on danish openoffice and
ended up with Finnish settings page where I would've assumed English
might have been more appropriate. That's not a big problem since
native translation should typically be included for all languages
available anyways.

>> Also, I didn't seem to get os x version to work without switching the
>> standalone option in Makefile, so I suppose licences are necessary as
>> well. I don't think I got them to display though, maybe it only
>> triggers when autoinstalled?
>
> Standalone mode is the only one that has ever been used on OS X. So
> it is
> quite possible that not using it causes some breakage although I
> cannot
> immediately see why. What errors do you get without it?

Mystically enough, I got some version of the plugin that installs and
shows up in the extension manager, but doesn't fully work. For example
the properties page for voikko was totally blank (same thing actually
might happen if it finds no dictionaries), but also it didn't add the
blue check marks for the languages in the spell checking listing.

> Then again it seems that linker command is outdated anyway. It still
> links in
> libiconv.a and libintl.a, those two can and should be removed.

Those I did change to -l options as well, when trying non-standalone
solution.

> Perhaps linking
> against some of the frameworks is not needed either. If you can,
> please test
> if those could be removed. You can commit the change to SVN if it
> works.

Ok, I'll test it now and provide the results. I'm also planning to
distribute either standalone or regular plugins with one language
dictionaries bundled to colleagues for testing.