[libvoikko] libreoffice-voikko 3.2rc1

Harri Pitkänen hatapitk at iki.fi
Wed Feb 16 19:41:10 EET 2011

On Wednesday 16 February 2011, Flammie Pirinen wrote:
> Actually only thing I got confused there was that I think I tested the
> plugin on system with greenlandic locale on danish openoffice and
> ended up with Finnish settings page where I would've assumed English
> might have been more appropriate. That's not a big problem since
> native translation should typically be included for all languages
> available anyways.

It certainly would be better to fall back to English. No fallback language was
specified, I fixed this in SVN now.

> Mystically enough, I got some version of the plugin that installs and
> shows up in the extension manager, but doesn't fully work. For example
> the properties page for voikko was totally blank (same thing actually
> might happen if it finds no dictionaries), but also it didn't add the
> blue check marks for the languages in the spell checking listing.

I could not reproduce the blank properties page without dictionaries issue.
But I suspect rest of this is a library loading problem, see below.

> > Then again it seems that linker command is outdated anyway. It still
> > links in
> > libiconv.a and libintl.a, those two can and should be removed.
>
> Those I did change to -l options as well, when trying non-standalone
> solution.

Now this brings back some memories. I did try -l and pretty much every trick I
could imagine to get dynamic linking to work on OS X but had no luck. It may
be that the library loader OOo is using there just does not support loading
library dependencies at all (it does support that on Windows though). The only
way to get it working was to use static linking.

Thus it is possible that non-standalone mode is not possible on OS X without
fixes in the office code. But this should be confirmed by someone who knows OS
X binary formats better than me.

> Ok, I'll test it now and provide the results.

Thanks. I'll publish rc2 later tonight and final perhaps on Friday. I already
removed libiconv.a and libintl.a in SVN since if something depends on them
that would be a major problem anyway. The framework dependencies probably
don't matter much since they are always available but if they can be removed
without problems, feel free to commit that.